Michigan Dance Links
- Ten Pound Fiddle- Dances and Concerts in Lansing, MI
- Lansing English Country Dancers Lansing, MI
- AACTMAD - Ann Arbor Dance
- Grand River Folk Arts Society - Grand Rapids, MI
- Flint Contra Dancers - Flint, MI
- Wheatland Music Organization- Remus, MI
- Country Dancing in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo, MI
- Allegan Woods Folk Arts - Dancing in Holland, Michigan
- Oakland County Traditional Dance Society - Oakland County, Michigan
- Paint Creek Folklore Society Webpage - Rochester Hills, MI
- Bayside Travellers - Traverse City, MI
- Folk Music Society of Midland - Midland, MI
- The Michigan Dance Calendar lists traditional dance and music, mostly for Southern Michigan and is updated regularly.
- Michigan Dance Heritage presents two dance camps ( Spring and Fall) a year. MDH also offers support for traditional dance in Michigan.
- Looking Glass is a member of the Greater Lansing Arts Council. Follow this link to lots of great arts organizations in the Greater Lansing area- it's really a hoppin' town.
Michigan Dance Weekends
- Michigan Dance Heritage - Fall - usually 3rd weekend in September
- Ann Arbor Dawn Dance Weekend- usually late February
- Michigan Dance Heritage - Spring - usually 3rd or 4th weekend in April
- Wheatland Traditional Arts Weekend- Memorial Day Weekend
- Looking Glass Festival- usually 3rd Weekend in October. Right Here in Lansing!
Out of State Information - Regular Dance Series
- Bloomington, IN
- Goshen, IN
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Indianapolis, IN
- Toledo, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Columbus, OH
- Chicago, IL
- Madison, WI
- Urbana, IL
- St. Louis, MO
- New York Dancing
Be sure to check these next two links before you travel.You can almost always find a contra dance, just about everywhere you go!
US Dance Weekends and Special EventsJan Jam-Champaign-Urbana, IL Early January
Ralph Page Dance Legacy Weekend, Durham, NH, Mid-January
Dance Flurry- Saratoga Springs, NY in Mid-February
Pigtown Fling- Covington, KY- usually late March
Spring Thaw-Toronto, Ontario, Canada, in early April
Mad Robin Romp- near Bloomington, IN, in April
Dandelion Romp- Oberlin, OH in late April
NEFFA- Manchester, MA, in late April
Kimmswick- near St. Louis, MO in late May
Dance Trance - Lexington, KY in Mid June
IndepenDance Weekend- Delafield, WI early July
River Rendezvous- Coshocton, OH in Mid July
Sugar Hill- Near Bloomington, IN, in Mid August
Squirrel Moon- Not far from Madison, Wisconsin, Mid September
Gypsy Moon Ball- Near Bloomington, IN, late October
Pittsburg Fall Dance Weekend- In Pittsburgh, PA in Mid-November
Breaking Up Thanksgiving- Near Chicago, IL Thanksgiving Weekend
Winter Warm-up- Columbus, OH area, in early December
And In Canada
We try to keep all the links on this page current, but if you find something broken, please send Rita an email and let me know what isn't working. If you know the correct link, that would be helpful. Thanks!
This page last updated 30 August 2016 / rmc.
Copyright 2016 Looking Glass Music & Arts Association