Directions to Central United Methodist Church in Lansing, Michigan (click for printable PDF)
215 N. Capitol Ave, Lansing, MI
The important thing to remember is that the church is kitty-corner from the State Capitol, on its north east corner. The State Capitol is an easy to spot landmark in downtown Lansing.COMING FROM I-496ARRIVING FROM THE EAST:
1. Exit I-496 at Grand Ave
2. Go north/right onto Grand Ave at the blinking light.
3. After you cross Michigan Ave, go one block more and turn Left on Ottawa. CUMC is at the corner of Ottawa and N Capitol Ave.
4. You can park on Ottawa or swing around the block and park next to (just north of) the church or on N Capitol Ave.
5. Note that N Capitol Ave is one-way south bound only.
Another option from the East is to come in on Business 69. Once in town it becomes Oakland Ave - Continue west across 127 and then the bridge over the Grand River, then watch for Capitol Ave- it'll be a left. Take Capitol left (south) about 7 blocks and it will take you right to the door of the church.ARRIVING FROM THE WEST:
1. Exit I 496 at Walnut St.
2. Go north/left onto Walnut St.
3. After a few blocks you will come to Ionia St. Make a right onto Ionia.
4. After 2 blocks you will come to Capitol Ave. Take a right onto Capitol
(one way (south) only) and look for parking.PARKING: There is a small lot between the churches that can be used if you get there early enough to find a spot. (Please park only in CUMC-designated spots, avoid other church spots.) You can also park on surrounding streets - on Ionia, on Capitol, etc. Weekend parking is free - no money in meters necessary. One word of warning - some streets are only one way so you may end up going around a bit to get back to where you started.The Central United Methodist Church is at 215 N. Capitol. It's the second church on the right side of the street (there are two churches which take up the whole block), just before (North of) the MI State Capitol building.
Return to Looking Glass Home